Problem with Galaxy S Vibrant

Jul 17, 2010 at 5:25 PM
Edited Jul 17, 2010 at 5:27 PM
Hi I am trying to get DE to work on my Vibrant. I have it working with my G1/Dream but I am having problems with my Vibrant. When I start DE it finds my device but in the folder window I just get a folder icon followed by "/" there are no other files or folders to view. 1) I have rooted my phone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723479 2) Samsung x86 USB drivers have been dled: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7218057 3) I can see root on the phone with Root Explorer app. 4) Debug is turned on 5) I can access both internal and SD card storage via "my computer" 6) no change if SD cards are mounted or not De is a wonderful product that used a lot with my G1, and would continue to use on my Galaxy S Vibrant. thanks in advance
Coordinator
Jul 18, 2010 at 4:18 AM
While you may have your phone rooted, current versions of Droid Explorer also require busybox installed. This requirement I hope will be eliminated in the future.
Jul 18, 2010 at 1:54 PM
Thank you. I forgot this step. I am now able to see all of my files. Unfortunately this has brought up another issue. I can add files via copy and past files but I can not cut, delete or remove files both in root and on sdcard.
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2010 at 4:26 AM
It should not be a problem on the sdcard, but /system and like you will not be able to delete/cut because those mount points are readonly. If you really want to, you have to remount them as read-write. this is also something that will be enabled in the future, with a "warning" dialog indicating that the mount points will be read-write.
Jul 28, 2010 at 1:37 AM
Edited Jul 28, 2010 at 1:55 AM

I have busybox installed and rooted with same phone and I still have the same issue.

Edit: IE I do not see ANY files on device. Under folder on left it says "0 objects"

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:42 AM

I can take screen shots though. Record the screen, all that. Just cannot access any files. I double checked and busybox is def installed, came with the root package when I rooted my phone.

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2010 at 12:26 PM

can you go to the tools->options menu and find the "debug window" plugin in the tree and set it to auto start when droid explorer starts. then restart droid explorer. Can you then paste the output from that window here.

Jul 28, 2010 at 5:10 PM
camalot wrote:

can you go to the tools->options menu and find the "debug window" plugin in the tree and set it to auto start when droid explorer starts. then restart droid explorer. Can you then paste the output from that window here.

I am having the same issue with the latest build on two different PCs both running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, here is a paste of the Debug Console

[CommandRunner] adb.exe -s I8975354dcf3 shell busybox ls -lF --color=never "/"
[CommandRunner] ls: unrecognized option `--color=never'
BusyBox v1.16.1 2010-04-14 09:51:31 MSD multi-call binary.
Usage: ls [-1AacCdeFilnpLRrSsTtuvwxXhk] [FILE]...
List directory contents
Options:
-1	List in a single column
-A	Don't list . and ..
-a	Don't hide entries starting with .
-C	List by columns
-c	With -l: sort by ctime
-d	List directory entries instead of contents
-e	List full date and time
-F	Append indicator one of */=@| to entries
-i	List inode numbers
-l	Long listing format
-n	List numeric UIDs and GIDs instead of names
-p	Append indicator one of /=@| to entries
-L	List entries pointed to by symlinks
-R	Recurse
-r	Sort in reverse order
-S	Sort by file size
-s	List the size of each file, in blocks
-T N	Assume tabstop every N columns
-t	With -l: sort by modification time
-u	With -l: sort by access time
-v	Sort by version
-w N	Assume the terminal is N columns wide
-x	List by lines
-X	Sort by extension
-h	List sizes in human readable format 1K 243M 2G

Jul 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I actually fixed it. When I went to the Task Manager, I was not seeing adb.exe because "Show processes from all users" was not checked.

So what I did was uninstall everything then reinstall making sure that process was killed and it worked fine.

Thanks for the help though.

Jul 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM
WheresWado wrote:
camalot wrote:

I am having the same issue with the latest build on two different PCs both running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, here is a paste of the Debug Console

[CommandRunner] adb.exe -s I8975354dcf3 shell busybox ls -lF --color=never "/"
[CommandRunner] ls: unrecognized option `--color=never'
BusyBox v1.16.1 2010-04-14 09:51:31 MSD multi-call binary.
Usage: ls [-1AacCdeFilnpLRrSsTtuvwxXhk] [FILE]...
List directory contents
Options:
-1	List in a single column
-A	Don't list . and ..
-a	Don't hide entries starting with .
-C	List by columns
-c	With -l: sort by ctime
-d	List directory entries instead of contents
-e	List full date and time
-F	Append indicator one of */=@| to entries
-i	List inode numbers
-l	Long listing format
-n	List numeric UIDs and GIDs instead of names
-p	Append indicator one of /=@| to entries
-L	List entries pointed to by symlinks
-R	Recurse
-r	Sort in reverse order
-S	Sort by file size
-s	List the size of each file, in blocks
-T N	Assume tabstop every N columns
-t	With -l: sort by modification time
-u	With -l: sort by access time
-v	Sort by version
-w N	Assume the terminal is N columns wide
-x	List by lines
-X	Sort by extension
-h	List sizes in human readable format 1K 243M 2G

Try what I posted above.

On win7 it is not a check box at the bottom of Task Manager, it is a button. Good luck!

Jul 31, 2010 at 10:28 PM

adb.exe is actually running. That is not the issue here.

Aug 1, 2010 at 4:56 AM

Fixed by upgrading busybox to 1.16.2