It won't do anything

Jul 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM

I can't install, delete, move, copy, anything.  I can see the files but that's it.

What am I missing?

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Because the file system is read-only by default, you can not delete, move or copy to anything on read-only mount points. you can remount them using the mount command and then have access to doing those tasks. This will also be possible in 0.9.x release which is still a way off from being released.

Aug 21, 2010 at 2:19 AM

I have the same problem, but I'm sorry that I don't know how to "remount them using the mount command", and I can't find the mount/remount command from the menu.

Is it the option inside drop explorer, or in somewhere else?  Thanks a lot!

Aug 22, 2010 at 1:14 AM

What if, however, we are trying to copy from the read only area and copy it to the pc for the purpose of backups?  Shouldn't we be able to do that from the droid explorer?  I guess I fail to see any practicality of the droid explorer if you can't copy to... (which I understand regarding the read only mount point) or copy from (which it should be more than capable of doing for archive purposes if nothing else).  I can select all the files in the sd card however I can't copy, drag and drop, or otherwise get the directories/files from the droid to the host pc.  This is on a droid X that I am experiencing this issue.

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2010 at 2:56 PM

yes, you can copy from a read only mount point to your pc. you just can't delete/move or copy to the readonly mount point.

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Accroding to your previous message "you can remount them using the mount command and then have access to doing those tasks."

Can you show us how to "remount them using the mount command"?  Thanks a lot!