DE on Motorola Milestone working (nearly completely :-)

Jul 29, 2010 at 2:47 AM
Edited Jul 29, 2010 at 2:56 AM

And thanks for the cool app.

DE finds the device and I can browse / and write to /sdcard.
If I open the Shell, it shows $ and shortly afterwards # (meaning root?). I can't type anything except when I do a CTRL-C. But then I can type, but when I hit enter, nothing happens.
After hitting CTRL-C, there is the following exception thrown:

[Program] Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs. - System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs. bei DroidExplorer.Plugins.UI.ShellConsole.GetLocation in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Plugins\UI\ShellConsole.cs:Zeile 356. bei DroidExplorer.Plugins.UI.ShellConsole.shell_KeyPressObject sender, KeyPressEventArgs e in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Plugins\UI\ShellConsole.cs:Zeile 247. bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyPressKeyPressEventArgs e bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgsMessage& m bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessageMessage& m bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyCharMessage& m bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcMessage& m bei System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProcMessage& m bei System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProcMessage& m bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessageMessage& m bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProcMessage& m bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.CallbackIntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam

Sorry for the non english part, but its just the translation of IndexOutOfRangeException.
I am running 2.1 on Motorola Milestone.
Busybox works fine (v1.16.2).

I think it could be a problem with the colors of the new busybox. In the mobile terminal I have nice colors and in Windows dos box, if I call "ls" or "nano", theres lot of ansi junk.
Maybe thats also happening when opening the shell.

best regards,
thanks for an answer and if you need more information, just ask.

p.s.: As I dont know if I made a mistake, I didnt want to make an "Issue" out of it ;-)

Aug 1, 2010 at 5:31 AM

The shell has actually been a known issue for the droid / milestone. I havent figured out the issue with it, and it is a bit hard for me to do so as I dont own either of these devices. i dont think its a "colors" issue, the shell parses out  those colors so it can display them.

Aug 1, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Should I test something for you? If you have a debug version of the shell, I could try to have a deper look into it.

Aug 1, 2010 at 3:58 PM

I am adding some debugging info to the shell, and it will be in the next release, ive also made minor tweaks that may fix it. to see the debug info, you will need to start the debug console plugin. the release should be uploaded sometime today, I am still making some minor changes to it first.