adb: not found, Galaxy Vibrant

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Hi, I have been having trouble trying to connect to adb shell.  I keep getting "adb: not found", but su works and I can reboot with the console so I know its connected but I cannot seem to get the adb connected.  I am using W7x64  Thanks for any help.  I have looked in the Discussions but non seem to answer/solve this issue.  

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2010 at 11:39 AM

droid explorer can't connect? Make sure you install the samsung drivers and enable USB debugging.

Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Development

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=728929
Sep 8, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Yes I have all this.  Everything seems perfect, I can see my files I can take screen shots I can reboot my phone through the console and DE UI I just cannot seem to create or connect to "adb shell", I get SU going well and through the DE console I can reboot.  I have busybox installed.  I have seen in another post (I cannot seem to find it again) that there is a busybox file in /system/xbin, this I do not have I have a busybox file in /system/bin but not "xbin", do you think this means anything?  Thanks for any help,  I would love for this to work.

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2010 at 10:43 AM

as long as busybox is in the system path, which it sounds like it is, then busybox is not the issue. can you post a screenshot of the problem you are having?

Sep 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM
camalot wrote:

as long as busybox is in the system path, which it sounds like it is, then busybox is not the issue. can you post a screenshot of the problem you are having?

Dont know how to insert a pic sorry is there a place/address i can send to you?  Thanks Camalot.

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2010 at 11:35 AM

you can send it to my user name (camalot) [at] gmail