I get this error when installing 0.8.7.2 Beta

Sep 24, 2010 at 11:22 PM

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Not Installed   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.GetSdkPath() in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\ui\WizardForm.cs:line 325   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel..ctor(IWizard wizard) in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\DownloadPanel.cs:line 63   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.BaseNavigate(WizardStep step, String additionalText) in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\ui\WizardForm.cs:line 234   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.Navigate(Int32 index) in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\ui\WizardForm.cs:line 141

Sep 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Got the same error message.. Please help!!!

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:32 AM

I am getting the same!!

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'adb.exe' is denied.   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel.SdkPathCleanup() in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\DownloadPanel.cs:line 251   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel.RunSetup() in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\DownloadPanel.cs:line 181

Oct 21, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Me too!

I'm get the same error installing "DroidExplorer.0.8.7.2.x64.Setup".

Please, we need help to solve this problem.

Nov 7, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I am getting the same error installing the x86.setup as well...

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Those of you getting the error "Not Installed"  when installing the x64 version on Vista and XP, this is a known issue. It is something I have been trying to correct for a while now and have been unable to locate a solution. I am still working on it, but at the moment, it will not install on XP/Vista x64.

The other error that was reported: "Access to the path 'adb.exe' is denied.", Try rebooting your PC then reinstall. This is just an error when trying to shut down the running instance of ADB.

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I guess it's question of where you come from!!! I got the same error, but when I used anonymous browsing, I solved it!! Can't we see in the error message "access denied"??? Now I just have compatibility problem. My phone is Xperia X10mini.

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2010 at 1:05 PM

The X10 is supported, and this really goes for any android device, if :

1. you have compatible USB drivers installed on the system (Droid Explorer comes with support for some devices)
  2. USB debugging is enabled on the device
  3. the device is rooted (will not be a requirement in the future, but still recommended)
  4. the rooted device has busybox installed in the PATH - i.e. if you run $ busybox ls no matter the current directory, it should word
    1. this will also not be a requirement in the future, but is still also recommended

as long as those 4 things are true, the device can be used with droid explorer.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Hi..
The same old/new problem still there. I have no access to google SDK page because I'm in Syria. I tried going through proxy but the SDK I download is not recognized by Droid Explorer either direct download from the developer page in google or using Droid Explorer. The SDK I downloaded grew to over 1 Gb with many additions. How do I get a compatible SDK? Please help.
Hussein

On 11/9/2010 4:05 PM, camalot wrote:

The X10 is supported, and this really goes for any android device, if :

1. you have compatible USB drivers installed on the system (Droid Explorer comes with support for some devices)
  2. USB debugging is enabled on the device
  3. the device is rooted (will not be a requirement in the future, but still recommended)
  4. the rooted device has busybox installed in the PATH - i.e. if you run $ busybox ls no matter the current directory, it should word
    1. this will also not be a requirement in the future, but is still also recommended

as long as those 4 things are true, the device can be used with droid explorer.