Cannot get screen shot

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:52 PM
Edited Nov 5, 2010 at 12:51 AM

UPDATE:  I solved the issue of controls not working in screencast.  It's another developer, dicsussion here:
 http://code.google.com/p/androidscreencast/issues/detail?id=13#c26  Comment 26 solved it for me.  Still can't do screen shots...

I really like this Droid Explorer!

When trying to get a screen shot, the image window opens, then shrinks to no size.  From the debug console, I see this:

[AdbHelper] image params: bpp=32, size=1536000, width=480, height=800System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.WriteByteIntPtr ptr, Int32 ofs, Byte val   at DroidExplorer.Core.IO.Rgb565.ToImageByte[] data, Int32 width, Int32 height in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Core\io\Rgb565.cs:line 56   at DroidExplorer.Plugins.UI.ScreenShotForm.GetImageFromRawImageRawImage ri in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Plugins\ui\ScreenShotForm.cs:line 76

Also, my screencast will display the current screen, but none of the phone controls (home, menu, etc..) will work.

My phone is HTC Evo.  I hope I can solve these, I would love to grab screen shots like that and operate the phone from the desktop.