problem

Dec 2, 2010 at 1:16 AM

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'adb.exe' is denied.   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel.SdkPathCleanup() in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\DownloadPanel.cs:line 251   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel.RunSetup() in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\DownloadPanel.cs:line 181

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I get same error, version 0.8.7.2 x86 on a XP machine

I had SDK installed first, then tried to install explorer, but couldn't get it to recognize existing installation.  So installed full so I had 2 sdk installations and the install finished, and could detect my Incredible and launch the explorer, but no data shows up on the phone side.

I then uninstalled explorer and previous version of sdk, and tried to reinstall explorer, now I get this "access to path" error.  Tried changing path in windows variables to install path for explorer with no luck.

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2010 at 11:49 AM

This happens because the Droid Explorer instance is unable to stop all instances of adb that are running on your machine. It tries the best it can, but sometimes it just does not have access. If you get this error, kill any instance of ADB you have running and anything that would be using ADB. Then try reinstalling.