Ok, I know it's supposed to be rooted phone, busybox.....but.....????

Jun 8, 2013 at 1:42 AM
I have an HTC EVO 3D CDMA Sprint phone with Android 4.0.4 and it is NOT rooted and it didn't have busybox installed, but it used to work and now it's not working right. I noticed when I go into the Dalvik Debugger that my data is showing up there and it looks like I could PULL files or PUSH, delete whatever. The logging works and everything. So I looked at the Droid Explorer log and it ends with can't find busybox trying to open shell.......wow how did I guess that!!!

So, at some point I was able to get data backups, not sure how much, not everything but I could see allot of stuff, about 4GB image files but there is more data on the phone than that.

Now just the / folder and it looks empty. So, I got Busybox for non-rooted phones and installed it according to Burrows instructions and it all worked on my phone but he puts the tools in a non-standard location and even by setting the PATH= using Terminal Emulator Droid Explorer still errors out unable to find busybox. Can't I get this working again????? I have previous backups that I can't use now. Can't get new ones, I thought about just running ADB.exe from CMD prompt but the whole idea of Droid Explorer is to having a GUI to make it easier.

Anyway, still in Android Hell, thanks!

-upcaman
Jun 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Oh, and I even have Extended backups .abex of this phone which I like so when I go to restore it knows it's the right device!!! So, how did I get those backups on a NON-ROOTED HTC EVO 3D before but now I can't??? What is "fixed" I want to break it!!! :-)

-upcaman
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2013 at 3:20 AM
DE should not have worked on your device if you did not have busybox installed.