Won't install error msg: System.Exception: Installer exited with code 1603.

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:57 PM

noob mistake????   getting error msg:  System.Exception: Installer exited with code 1603. Vista on a HP laptop.

Nov 27, 2009 at 4:33 AM
Edited Nov 27, 2009 at 4:33 AM

same here...running win 7 x64...ran exe as admin.

Nov 29, 2009 at 12:38 AM
Edited Nov 29, 2009 at 12:38 AM

bump....Anybody?

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Sorry, i just seen this message. I have notifications on and this one never came through. what version of the installer was this happening with?

Dec 11, 2009 at 3:44 AM

I installed DroidExplorer.0.8.1.0.x64.Setup and works great...thx for the followup :)

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:11 AM
...windows vista...

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:00:42 -0800
Subject: Re: Won't install error msg: System.Exception: Installer exited with code 1603. [de:76341]

Sorry, i just seen this message. I have notifications on and this one never came through. what version of the installer was this happening with?
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (de@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email de@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Windows LiveT Hotmail is faster and more secure than ever. Learn more.
Dec 11, 2009 at 4:19 AM
I tried the same and got this error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Not Installed
at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.GetSdkPath() in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\UI\WizardForm.cs:line 312
at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel..ctor(IWizard wizard) in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\DownloadPanel.cs:line 58
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.BaseNavigate(WizardStep step, String additionalText) in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\UI\WizardForm.cs:line 228
at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.Navigate(Int32 index) in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\UI\WizardForm.cs:line 135

Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:44:44 -0800
Subject: Re: Won't install error msg: System.Exception: Installer exited with code 1603. [de:76341]

I installed DroidExplorer.0.8.1.0.x64.Setup and works great...thx for the followup :)
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (de@discussions.codeplex.com)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Windows LiveT Hotmail is faster and more secure than ever. Learn more.
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2009 at 11:03 AM

@unplugged - can you try installing 0.8.0.1 and see if you get the same error message. You may have to go in to the control panel and uninstall the application from there first, as part of the installer is "completing", but the portion that is going to setup the sdk tools is not.

Dec 14, 2009 at 3:11 PM
Tried 0.8.0.1 setup (recommended) and it failed with this error message:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Not Installed
at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.GetSdkPath()
at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel..ctor(IWizard wizard)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.BaseNavigate(WizardStep step, String additionalText)
at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.Navigate(Int32 index)

Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 04:03:34 -0800

@unplugged - can you try installing 0.8.0.1 and see if you get the same error message. You may have to go in to the control panel and uninstall the application from there first, as part of the installer is "completing", but the portion that is going to setup the sdk tools is not.

Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.
Coordinator
Dec 14, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Try 0.8.2.1, although a few users have still experienced issues with this version, I am trying to track them down.

Dec 14, 2009 at 5:50 PM
Still no luck with the installation.

at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.GetSdkPath() in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\UI\WizardForm.cs:line 315
at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel..ctor(IWizard wizard) in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\DownloadPanel.cs:line 58
at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.BaseNavigate(WizardStep step, String additionalText) in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\UI\WizardForm.cs:line 228
at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.Navigate(Int32 index) in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\UI\WizardForm.cs:line 135

Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 08:41:18 -0800

Try 0.8.2.1, although a few users have still experienced issues with this version, I am trying to track them down.

Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.
Dec 14, 2009 at 6:13 PM

We are having the same problem installing Droid Explorer 8.2.1x86 to a PC with Windows XP.  Getting error message Installer exited with code 1603.

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2009 at 11:17 AM
kriscandersen wrote:

We are having the same problem installing Droid Explorer 8.2.1x86 to a PC with Windows XP.  Getting error message Installer exited with code 1603.

It seems there is something missing on vista x64, 2008 x64 and XP x86. I am trying to track down what it is.

The Vista x64 / 2008 x64 seems to be a different from the XP issue. I have found that not all XP users are having the issue, but I think all Vista/2008 x64 are. I am actively working on these, and will have them fixed as soon as possible.