Droid Explorer & HTC Hero

Dec 4, 2009 at 11:57 PM
Edited Dec 4, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Been using this program for a while now and as the project has gone on its got better and better, bugs here and there but to be expected. Bug has just surfaced which may or not be down to droid explorer but if any one has any ideas feel free to let me know.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with Droid Explorer 0.8.1.0 x64 and the Android SDK 1.6 R1 installed, just flashed the HTC Hero from MoDaCo Custom Rom 2.9 to version 3.0 and now Droid Explorer's windows is blank except for the root directory (picture of folder with forward slash) in the left navigation pane. No files are shown and no other directories. Now this may well be due to the upgrade to the latest Rom that will be checked out when i roll back to version 2.9 to test this out as it was working correctly then. I will also update this post if the functionality returns. I have uninstalled Droid Explorer and re-installed the program still no joy, will uninstall again and install the x86 version to see if the problem persists. Even if the problem is due to the Rom upgrade (although i am unsure of what this may be as i can see no radical changes in the Rom) i suggest that a problem exists that really shouldn't, this is by now means a reflection on the program which i really appreciate.

Any help with testing i would gladly help if required

Regards

Sean

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I also had this issue - It was down to the custom BusyBox which Paul uses in his ROMs.

You may need to get the latest BusyBox from another ROM (which does work with DE) and go from there.

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:15 PM
mwiththeat wrote:

I also had this issue - It was down to the custom BusyBox which Paul uses in his ROMs.

You may need to get the latest BusyBox from another ROM (which does work with DE) and go from there.

Any suggestions on which version of BusyBox to install MoDaCo version is 1.15.2 and as you say customised...

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM

what is "custom" about the MoDaCo busybox? I am running cyanogenmod 4.7.2.1 which has busybox version 1.15.2

Dec 13, 2009 at 2:26 PM
camalot wrote:

what is "custom" about the MoDaCo busybox? I am running cyanogenmod 4.7.2.1 which has busybox version 1.15.2

Since i have not really got into using BusyBox as yet i am unaware of customization or tweaks that Paul may have done all i know is that it has been "tweaked"... see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=552591

Dec 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Edited Dec 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Had the same problem here: updated to MCR3.0 and DroidExplorer no longer saw anything on the device.

I fixed this by installing Teknologist's 1.91 kernel for GENERIC roms (from: http://android.teknologism.org/Download/ ) on top of my MoDaCo custom rom. This version includes (from what I can tell) an untouched version of BusyBox and flashing this kernel fixed the problem: I can now use DroidExplorer normally. It probably means my phone will have some behavioural issues with the Swapper program, but as I don't use that, I don't really care.

Dec 24, 2009 at 9:38 AM
kr1spy wrote:

Had the same problem here: updated to MCR3.0 and DroidExplorer no longer saw anything on the device.

I fixed this by installing Teknologist's 1.91 kernel for GENERIC roms (from: http://android.teknologism.org/Download/ ) on top of my MoDaCo custom rom. This version includes (from what I can tell) an untouched version of BusyBox and flashing this kernel fixed the problem: I can now use DroidExplorer normally. It probably means my phone will have some behavioural issues with the Swapper program, but as I don't use that, I don't really care.

Tried this as soon as i got your message... unfortunately this just sent the phone into a boot loop, perhaps i will try a wipe and a re-install. Will let you know how i get on.... thanks for the info

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2009 at 4:57 PM

can someone post the busybox binary here or even better over at AllDroid.org. If i have the binary, i can install it on my device and get droid explorer working with it.

Dec 25, 2009 at 10:07 PM
Edited Dec 25, 2009 at 10:08 PM

don't know if its the correctf file (/system/xbin/busybox), but here it is :

http://www.filedropper.com/busybox

hope it helps ...

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2009 at 3:31 PM

That is exactly what i needed, thanks.