Installation error

Dec 11, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Using Server 2008 x64 I get ths error after install:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Not Installed
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.GetSdkPath()
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel..ctor(IWizard wizard)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.BaseNavigate(WizardStep step, String additionalText)
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.Navigate(Int32 index)

Droid Explorer will not run.

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I am looking in to this issue, some have reported this issue.

Just to double check though, you are using the x64 version of the installer, correct?

Also, try the Standalone x64 installer, and see if it is successful.

Dec 11, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Yes the x64 version. I tried the standalone installer with the same result and error.

On Dec 11, 2009 10:46 AM, "camalot" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Just to double check though, you are using the x64 version of the installer, correct?

Read the full discussion online. To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (de@discus...

Dec 11, 2009 at 9:14 PM
FYI, I just got in from work and tried to install this on a xp vmware installation and it installed and runs fine.  Once the main app installed it downloaded the other stuff and installed it...something that did not happen on server 2008 x64.  This tells me it's a problem with server 2008 x64 since it installed on vmware running on the server 2008 machine.  Just a heads up.

Stewart Roberts

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 1:34 PM, forkup <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Yes the x64 version. I tried the standalone installer with the same result and error.

Read the full discussion online. To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (de@discus...

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (de@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email de@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM
FYI, I tried to install the new DroidExplorer.0.8.2.1.x64 today with the same results as with the older version.

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:14 PM, forkup <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

FYI, I just got in from work and tried to install this on a xp vmware installation and it installed and runs fine.  Once the main app installed it downloaded the other stuff and installed it...something that did not happen on server 2008 x64.  This tells me it's a problem with server 2008 x64 since it installed on vmware running on the server 2008 machine.  Just a heads up.

Stewart Roberts

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 1:34 PM, forkup <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (de@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Read the full discussion online.

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Thanks, I will dig in to what is different about the registry with 2008.

Could you remove the application from the control panel, because it installs the "core" application, but is failing with the tools. Then reinstall the application but launch it from a command shell and add the /log switch. If you could then post the log files it generates.

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:15 PM
Here are the logs you requested.

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:34 PM, camalot <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks, I will dig in to what is different about the registry with 2008.

Could you remove the application from the control panel, because it installs the "core" application, but is failing with the tools. Then reinstall the application but launch it from a command shell and add the /log switch. If you could then post the log files it generates.

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 11:49 AM

It doesn't look like you can attach files replying via email, could you post the log @ http://de.codeplex.com/WorkItem/List.aspx , just create a new work item. thank you, the logs will help me track down the actual issue so i can resolve it.

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 7:38 PM

If your getting the 1603 error code message, when trying to install, try uninstalling from control panel, then reinstall, but set the USB Drivers to "Not Installed" and see if that corrects the install issue.

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Done, it failed again. I created a post as you asked me to do earlier on codeplex.com

On Dec 16, 2009 2:38 PM, "camalot" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

If your getting the 1603 error code message, when trying to install, try uninstalling from control panel, then reinstall, but set the USB Drivers to "Not Installed" and see if that corrects the install issue.

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:51 PM
Well crap, I keep getting an error on codeplex, I'll try to attach the logs again.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:38 PM, camalot <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:53 PM
Dunno why the logs don't attach properly but here they are on a site:

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:51 PM, forkup <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Well crap, I keep getting an error on codeplex, I'll try to attach the logs again.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:38 PM, camalot <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2009 at 1:55 AM

thanks, i got the logs.

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Ok, this is strange. The installer log shows that it is successfully adding the registry key SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\DroidExplorer\InstallPath and the string value in that key called SdkPath. Can you look in the registry and see if that key and value exist?

If they exist, then it should not be giving the "Not Installed" error, but it is...

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:11 AM

What's the exact registry path?

On Dec 16, 2009 9:04 PM, "camalot" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ok, this is strange. The installer log shows that it is successfully adding the registry key SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\DroidExplorer\InstallPath and the string value in that key called SdkPath. Can you look in the registry and see if that key and value exist?

If they exist, then it should not be giving the "Not Installed" error, but it is...

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:14 AM

I don't see that key in hklm nor in hkcu

On Dec 16, 2009 9:11 PM, "forkup" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

What's the exact registry path? > > On Dec 16, 2009 9:04 PM, "camalot" <notifications@codeplex.com...

To start a new discussion for this project, email de@discussions.codeplex.com You are receiving t...

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2009 at 4:10 AM

im sorry, it should be in HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\DroidExplorer\InstallPath, do you have HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\? or HKLM\SOFTWARE\DroidExplorer\InstallPath?

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:12 AM

Nope, i sure dont.

On Dec 16, 2009 11:10 PM, "camalot" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

im sorry, it should be in HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\DroidExplorer\InstallPath, do you have HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\? or HKLM\SOFTWARE\DroidExplorer\InstallPath?

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:18 AM
I have hklm/software/droidexplorer/installpath

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:10 PM, camalot <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote: