Trouble Installing on Vista 64

Dec 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM

I've tried installing v8.2.3 on Vista 64, both standalone and the smaller version, both with and without drivers etc. I get no installation log, but get this error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Not Installed
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.GetSdkPath() in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\UI\WizardForm.cs:line 315
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel..ctor(IWizard wizard) in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\DownloadPanel.cs:line 58
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.BaseNavigate(WizardStep step, String additionalText) in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\UI\WizardForm.cs:line 228
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.Navigate(Int32 index) in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\UI\WizardForm.cs:line 135

I have a rooted Motorola Droid running v2.0.1 with busybox installed. The SD card is mounted and available under My Computer. The latest SDK is installed at the root of my "C" drive in a directory named "Android".

Any help?

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2009 at 12:01 PM

There is an issue with installing on vista x64 and 2008 server x64. I am working on trying to figure out the solution for it as soon as I can.

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2009 at 12:04 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Dec 28, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Thank you! f there is any way I can be of help, just drop me a note....

Feb 4, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Having an issue with installing on my PC:  Windows Vista 64.

Install log:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Not Installed
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.GetSdkPath() in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\UI\WizardForm.cs:line 315
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel..ctor(IWizard wizard) in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\DownloadPanel.cs:line 58
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.BaseNavigate(WizardStep step, String additionalText) in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\UI\WizardForm.cs:line 228
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.UI.WizardForm.Navigate(Int32 index) in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\UI\WizardForm.cs:line 135

Appears to be the same log as previously posted.

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM

This issue is happening for me too. The exact same error message...please fix this and let us know!