Help !! Droid Explorer setup encountered and error ?

Mar 9, 2010 at 4:39 AM

Anyone met similar errors during install 0.8.4.3 beta X64 on Windows 7 ?

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service DroidExplorerService on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start(String[] args)
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start()
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.StartServicePanel.StartService() in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\StartServicePanel.cs:line 52

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service DroidExplorerService on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start(String[] args)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start()

at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.StartServicePanel.StartService() in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\StartServicePanel.cs:line 52

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2010 at 4:51 PM

your install should have completed successfully, just reboot your machine and the service should start up. for some reason, during the install, it was taking to long to install.

Sep 6, 2010 at 10:26 AM
Edited Sep 6, 2010 at 10:29 AM

I'm having similar trouble... I'm trying to install DroidExplorer.0.8.7.1.x64 on my Win7 64bit machine.

At the end of the setup, I'm getting a window with the title "Droid Explorer Setup Wizard encountered"

Below is written:

Droid Explorer setup encountered and error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

Below that there's the following output:

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service DroidExplorerService on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start(String[] args)   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start()   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.StartServicePanel.StartService() in f:\Projects\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\StartServicePanel.cs:line 53

Any ideas how I can complete the setup?

I've tried restarting, repairing, removing, reinstalling restarting, removing, reinstalling and repairing again...

I've also tried to ignore this and simply run Droid Explorer - it gets stuck on the "Starting ADB Server" part.

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2010 at 6:29 PM

that was a bug in 0.8.7.1 it was fixed in 0.8.7.2

Oct 3, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Same here, but my message reads

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'adb.exe' is denied.
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel.SdkPathCleanup() in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\DownloadPanel.cs:line 251
   at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel.RunSetup() in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\DownloadPanel.cs:line 181

Nov 7, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I am having the same error. I am using the "pimp your captivate" guide and can not go any further without this program working. Any help would be appreciated!

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2010 at 12:52 PM

You got the "Access to the path 'adb.exe' is denied" error? try rebooting your PC and then install again.

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Yes I did get that error and and rebooted pc and did a install and got the error again.

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM

check you installed programs, and if you see droid explorer in there, remove it first, reboot, then install. It sounds like something is launching adb  before the installer can update it.

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Thanks!!! it is now installed..