Doesn't show folders from Galaxy Spica.

Apr 29, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Hy.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Spica and Droid Explorer doesn't want to show the folders from the phone.

After enabling the debugger i saw that it executes busybox but that gives an error as one of the parameters is wrong.

Here's the output from the debug window :

Droid Explorer Debug Console
[CommandRunner] adb.exe -s xxxxxxxxxx shell busybox ls -lF --color=never /
[CommandRunner] ls: unrecognized option `--color=never'
BusyBox v1.16.1 2010-04-14 09:51:31 MSD multi-call binary.
Usage: ls [-1AacCdeFilnpLRrSsTtuvwxXhk] [FILE]...
List directory contents
Options:
-1	List in a single column
-A	Don't list . and ..

I saw that the "--color=never" is not supported by busybox 1.16.1, how can i remove (or fix) that from DroidExplorer ?

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:47 AM

I managed to find a temporary solution, with a HEX editor i edited the file DroidExplorer.Core.dll and replaced the "--color=never" with spaces (so as to no modify the length of the file).

Of course, this solution is not very elegant (nor is it safe) as it means messing with the DLLs in ways you're not supposed to ;-)

Coordinator
May 16, 2010 at 2:57 PM

I dont have a solution for you at the moment, as most versions of busybox do support this, and there are some Hero ROMS that require the --color=never in order for it to function properly with DE.

Coordinator
May 16, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I just looked, I am running busybox 1.6.1 and the --color=never works just fine.

Is it a custom build of busybox in the ROM your running?

May 17, 2010 at 8:42 AM
I'm using a custom ROM for my Spica (as the 2.1 ROM has not yet officially been released) and it's customized by a Russian guy called Leshak. Don't know if it's using the stock BusyBox or a custom build, I'll have to ask on his forum.