DroidExplorer crashes at startup

Dec 18, 2010 at 4:24 PM
Edited Dec 18, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I have been using DroidExplorer for 3 or 4 months and think it is GREAT.  Thank you for your effort.  I use it a lot.

Today my computer froze.  It just hung for 15 minutes.  I waited, nothing.  I shut it down.  When I started it back up, it wasn't happy.  I said restart normally.  It decided to do a Check Disk and found no errors.  The first time I started DE after that it didn't see my nook and I shut it down.  After checking that adb was running on my nook, I tried again and DE crashed with this message:   

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at DroidExlporer.Program.Main(String[] arguments)

I uninstalled DE and did a reinstall.  I still get the same message.

I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

I am using DE ver 0.8.7.2, Vista Home Premium, the nook ROM 2.41 from nook dev and the version of busybox (1.8.1) that nook dev puts on their ROM.

Everything worked fine for 90 days or more.

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Try deleting the DroidExplorer.config file from c:\users\<your_username>\appdata\roaming\DroidExplorer\Data.

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:09 PM
camalot

Your my hero. It now works. I'm going to send you some money. I really like your program. I can't imagine continuing to answer dumb questions forever, as you seem to be willing to do.

'hope the new year is good for you. Keep up the good work.

Don

On 1/6/2011 9:57 AM, camalot wrote:

Try deleting the DroidExplorer.config file from c:\users\<your_username>\appdata\roaming\DroidExplorer\Data.

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:46 PM

camalot

Something in the interface between return from "Paypal"  and your page makes it look like things didn't work: "ERROR 4XX" so I ended up donating twice.  But your program is worth it.

Don

Coordinator
Jan 7, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Thank you very much and I apologize. I will add that to the things to fix. Would you like me to refund your second donation?

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:49 PM
NO! And thank you for all your efforts.

On 1/7/2011 9:39 AM, camalot wrote:

Thank you very much and I apologize. I will add that to the things to fix. Would you like me to refund your second donation?