Android SDK directory X android-sdk_r09-windows

Feb 7, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Hi,

Is there anyone using android-sdk-r09-windows and DroidExplorer together?

I'm trying to install DroidExplorer using the option "Use Existing Android SDK", but after trying all subfolders inside my android sdk main folder I allways receive "Unable to identify the specified path as a valid Android SDK directory".

Is there any trick ?

Regards,

Alexandre.

Feb 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM

i got the same prob, too

I've installed Java SE Development Kit 6u23 and Android SDK directory X android-sdk_r09-windows

my os is windows 7 X86

even i reboot system after install DE, and skip the error of 

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'adb.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel.SdkPathCleanup() in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\DownloadPanel.cs:line 251
at DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper.Panels.DownloadPanel.RunSetup() in s:\projects\csharp\DroidExplorer\trunk\DroidExplorer\DroidExplorer.Bootstrapper\Panels\DownloadPanel.cs:line 181

After reboot, I click the icon of DE and it jump out an error messege

System.ApplicationException;Unable to locate the android SDK tools, please reinstall the application.
at DroidExplorere.Program.Main(String[] arguments)

any ideas of that?

thx!

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Hey guys

I think i've found a way to solve the problem above in windows 7

before i install DE, i use the Compatibility mode and emulation "windows xp sp3"

then, install it

it's works on me, you can try it

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Ooops! A new problem there

DE can work on my PC, but it can't del or add any file which on my phone's sdcard

even i use the Compatibility mode or run it at administrator mode

my phone is HTC Desire, and I've installed the driver with HTC SYNC

can anyone help me?

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:01 PM

run the install as admin works for me

Mar 20, 2011 at 8:08 PM

As far as version 0.8.7.2 is concerned, it doesn't take into account that required files have changed location in newer android sdks. For example, adb.exe has been moved from /sdk/tools to /sdk/platform-tools. This makes Droid Explorer to not recognise the SDK installation and also crushes upon start. To remedy this, I found out which files the application required and made hard links (regular symbolic links which you make with Windows Explorer won't work) in the /sdk/tools folder to show to the files in the /sdk/platform-tools. To create the hard links, I used Microsoft's fsutil command prompt utility (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc788097%28WS.10%29.aspx). The required files are these:

C:\AndroidSDK\tools\adb.exe <<===>> C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools\adb.exe
C:\AndroidSDK\tools\AdbWinApi.dll <<===>> C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools\AdbWinApi.dll
C:\AndroidSDK\tools\AdbWinUsbApi.dll <<===>> C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools\AdbWinUsbApi.dll
C:\AndroidSDK\tools\aapt.exe <<===>> C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools\aapt.exe
C:\AndroidSDK\tools\dx.bat <<===>> C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools\dx.bat
C:\AndroidSDK\tools\aidl.exe <<===>> C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools\aidl.exe
C:\AndroidSDK\tools\dexdump.exe <<===>> C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools\dexdump.exe
C:\AndroidSDK\tools\lib\dx.jar <<===>> C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools\lib\dx.jar

An example of using fsutil is:

fsutil hardlink create C:\AndroidSDK\tools\adb.exe C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools\adb.exe
(must be run from a command prompt using administrator privileges)

After the above, Droid Explorer works ok!

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2011 at 4:51 AM

this will be fixed in 0.8.8.0. I hope to have this out soon, and then there will be a major update shortly there after. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:37 PM

hello

I downloaded droidexplorer and when I open it with visual studio 2010, I see 13 errors, like " droidexplorer.configuration.dll" and " droidexplorer.resources.dll"and ...

please help me to run this program

thank you

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM

That error usually has to do with visual studio not building all of the projects to the right platform. make sure all the projects are set to build under x86 (or x64, depending on your platform).