Can't identify Android SDK directory

May 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Hi

I download android sdk  from android site. When i select sdk directory after install Droid Explorer error : "Invalid Android SDK directory" hapend.

and android sdk download not completed.

how i fix this error?

Thanks.

May 25, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Can't any one help me????

May 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM

You need to install the Android SDK.  Either you downlaoded the .ZIP format, which means you need to extract it to a directory of your choice, or else you downlaoded the installer, which means you need to install it before you can use it.

May 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Thanks for answer me but i download sdk in zip file and in droidexplorer installation select sdk folder.but can't identify sdk path.

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2012 at 12:28 AM

can you confirm what version of the SDK you are using? Also, did you run the installer or use the sdk zip file? Can you also confirm that your sdk directory has the following structure.

• android-sdk-root
    • platform-tools
      • adb.exe
    • tools
    • platforms
      • android-N (where N is a number)

And just to make sure, you are using the latest version of Droid Explorer v0.8.8.3?

Jun 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Thanks for reply to me.

I download lastest version of sdk as zip file from android.com and use latest version of droidexplor.

I success to download sdk files with droidexplor.

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:55 AM
copy aapt.exe to your AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools folder

Droid Explorer is looking for that file, by default android adk does not have that file there anymore,
I got my copy from the Android\android-sdk\build-tools\17.0.0
Nov 19, 2013 at 3:21 AM
I have had the same problem.
My solution: I removed my droid explorer from my computer. I then downloaded droid explorer version 0.8.7.2 and it asked me during the install if I wanted droid explorer to download sdk and install it. I clicked on yes. When it download and installed sdk I got an error that it could not start the service. I clicked o.k.

I then connected my android tablet and opened droid explorer and it reconized my tablet as an eight digit number and I clicked on the 8 diget number and I was in to my tablet and could transfer files to and from my tablet to my computer.

Hope this helps.
Nov 21, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Excuse my English.

I had the same problem until I installed the android sdk with INSTALLER, not downloading the zip sdk.
  1. -In PC´s properties must add a user variable called ANDROID_HOME: with the value "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk" (whitout ""), where XXXX is the user name of windows.
3.-You have to install Droid Explorer and before run it, you have to edit the file: C:\Program Files\Droid Explorer\Data\DroidExplorer.config. Where indicates the path of the sdk have to add the path and look like this: <SdkPath> C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk</ sdkpath> where XXXX is the windows user.

I hope I have helped.

Disculpen mi ingles.

Yo tenía el mismo problema hasta que instalé el sdk de android con el INSTALADOR, no descargando el sdk en zip.

1.- INSTALAR EL SDK DE ANDROID: http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r22.3-windows.exe e instalar la plataforma de herramientas.

2.- Luego en propiedades de pc hay que añadir una variable de usuario que se llama ANDROID_HOME: con el valor C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk, donde XXXX es el nombre de usuario de windows.

3.-Hay que instalar el Droid Explorer y antes de ejecutarlo hay que editar el archivo: C:\Program Files\Droid Explorer\Data\DroidExplorer.config . Donde indica el path del sdk hay que añadir la ruta y quedaría así: <SdkPath>C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk</SdkPath> donde XXXX es el usuario de windows.

Espero haberles ayudado.
Nov 21, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I have had the same problem.
My solution: I removed my droid explorer from my computer. I then downloaded droid explorer version 0.8.7.2 and it asked me during the install if I wanted droid explorer to download sdk and install it. I clicked on yes. When it download and installed sdk I got an error that it could not start the service. I clicked o.k.

I then connected my android tablet and opened droid explorer and it reconized my tablet as an eight digit number and I clicked on the 8 diget number and I was in to my tablet and could transfer files to and from my tablet to my computer.

Hope this helps.

Nov 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM
_jrep41 wrote:
2- In PC´s properties must add a user variable called ANDROID_HOME: with the value_
Hello.

I don´t understand how to do that. Please explain.

After I installed SDK can´t find nothing in AppData\Local.

No entiendo cómo hacerlo. Por favor, explique.

Después de instalar SDK no puedo encontrar nada en AppData \ Local .
Nov 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Sorry variable ANDROID_HOME is for another application (Droid @ Screen).
I followed the instructions for to install that application. http://droid-at-screen.ribomation.com/installation/

After use the SDK installer .exe, it should create you folders in AppData \ Local. (AppData as hidden folder)